'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Making Headlines

As I went to bed last night, I wondered what would happen on such a chilly night with the hundreds federal police who had arrived in the afternoon. This morning the sun is shining bright and the city is relatively quiet. I think the only way to truly know what is going on downtown is to go there, which I don't plan on doing today.

I have found it very interesting that as I look for news online about what is happening, I find that Oaxaca is making international news - from the U.S. to Switzerland to South Korea, there are articles on the new developments. The BBC website has posted some pictures of what is going on: In pictures: Oaxaca clashes. Also, here is an article from the LA Times that describes where the situation is at now: Mexican forces converge on Oaxaca City.


Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. Daniel 2:20-22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home