Mascot
My Spanish/English Dictionary is from 1984. So, when I look up the Spanish word for pets (mascotas), it only comes up with the English word mascot.
Why is she telling me this? - you may be asking yourself. Well, I have never really had a pet before (I had a gerbil once, but I pulled her tail off - on ACCIDENT!- long story...). But, both Cindy and Jo Ellen (the missionaries here) have adopted a pet during their time here in Oaxaca.
Cindy has a dog named Clancy and Jo Ellen has a cat named Henry. I am very surprised at how well I have gotten along with both of them. So, I felt that I needed a pet as well. And now I have one! His name is Howard and he is a gecko in my apartment. I cannot include a photo of Howard because he is very camera shy. He is also very low maintenance, so that is nice. I don't know how long Howard will stick around, but I don't mind if he is here for a while (I hear geckos eat bugs). Who knew when I came to Mexico I'd make friends with so many animals? And maybe someday when Howard isn't expecting it, I will be able to take his picture. :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home