'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Postcards from Laura - Monte Alban

Hello from Monte Alban in Oaxaca Mexico! . . . . . . . . . October 1, 2006
My language school offers weekend trips to the various sites of interest in the state of Oaxaca. Today I visited the archeological ruins of Monte Alban. It is a short, winding drive to the summit of this mountain, where an ancient civilization built their city. It was a beautiful time to be there because everything was so green.
It was amazing to look out on this vast mountain top and imagine that thousands of years ago, it was a thriving city. But, what I find even more amazing to think about is to remember that before all this even was here, God was and He created it all, from the surrounding mountains to the veins in a leaf to the people who have passed through this place. God was, and is now, and will always be. How great is our God!
With love in Christ,
Laura :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home