'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

School days

I have never really been interested in politics, until now - when knowing what is going on determines whether I leave the house or not.

So, for those of you don't have much interest in politics either or who are just curious about what is going on with me, this is the post for you! :-)

I am currently attending language school. Tomorrow will be the start of my third week there. Here is a picture of the beautiful campus.

This afternoon was the first time I have actually stopped to rest since I began language classes. On weekdays, I usually leave at 8:00 and get back around 6:00. Very busy. But being busy is good right now, and I am enjoying just about everything.

My langauge classes are pretty much like a private tutor because of the lack of tourists in Oaxaca. Those classes last from 9:00 to 1:00. Then I have an hour to eat lunch (usually I bring something in a plastic bag - you can hardly find brown paper bags here in Oaxaca). I signed up to have a conversation partner - someone you meet with regularly so that they can practice their English and I can practice my Spanish. The girl I was paired up with ended up being my age and we share a lot in common. I feel very blessed to have found a friend through that. We meet from 2:00-3:00 (I was visiting her family when the helicopters were flying overhead).

I take a workshop in the afternoons from 3:00-5:00. These last 2 weeks I was in a ceramics class. Here is a picture of me and my cactus :-)


I also moved into my new apartment last weekend. I am very pleased with it. It is fully furnished and just the right size. I stop at a grocery store quite often to get something else I've discovered that I need. I have to walk, so I tend to buy things in shifts so that I don't have so much to carry back. Here is the picture of the stairway that leads to my "penthouse" :-)


So, there you go, a little more about life here for me. I know I could write more, but I have to save something for my newsletters :-)

I hope you all have had a blessed weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home