'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Safely Evacuated

I've just sent out an e-mail to those who receive my newsletters to let you know that I am safe. I was evacuated today, and I writing from a missionary family's home in Mexico City.

I had no idea at the time, but as I flying away, things in my neighborhood were turning dangerous. This link is to an article in the San Jose Mercury News that describes the scene that took place near the neighborhood where we live: Mexico police surround Oaxaca University. I would like to point out that when they say that nine people have died in this conflict, they mean the total deaths in the last five months that this whole thing has been going on.


Something burning in the distance: I took this picture from my window seat as our plane got ready to take off.

I may not be heading back to Oaxaca for about a month, depending on the events of the next few weeks. During my time away, I will be getting oriented to other parts of the Covenant Church in Mexico and helping other missionaries. I will probably be here in Mexico City for at least a week. I very much appreciate your continued prayers, both for me and for the city and state of Oaxaca - the innocent citizens, the federal police, and the protestors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home