I’ll be home for Christmas
Actually, I am home for Christmas! I’ve been here in Colorado for just over a week. I woke up this morning to find out that there is a blizzard warning here today. So, it’s kind of a winter wonderland… :-). On the news they just mentioned the ’83 blizzard, and that happened just before I was born! Great timing, eh?
Being home is difficult, but good. I find it hard to believe all that has happened in the past 3 months. As I described to someone all I need to do, the person summed it up well by saying I am experiencing a lot of new starts. While new starts provide great opportunities – it is not real easy to keep starting over. But don’t let me fool you, there are great things about being home too :-). Being with my family, especially at the Christmas season, is very nice. In between services on Sunday, I got to see many friendly faces and received encouraging words and hugs.I definitely would appreciate continued prayer as I make decisions on all the opportunities that I am finding. Please, also continue to pray for Oaxaca. While the barricades are down and the graffiti has been painted over, nothing was really resolved. According to a couple reports, the federal police pulled out of Oaxaca on Saturday (NY Times article), leaving some forces stationed outside the city in case anything happens. I don’t know for sure, but I can imagine that this makes those living in Oaxaca fearful that something new will happen.
A couple nights ago, as I got ready to go to bed in my own comfy bed in a wonderful heated house, I heard a helicopter outside. I still experienced a moment of fear, even though I am not in a place where I need to fear that it is a military helicopter and what that might mean. It is pretty crazy. Well, even though these recent events certainly haven't been what I had "planned" - my plan was, and continues to be, to follow where God leads. So, here I am :-). God is certainly good and faithful.
As I said in the letter I sent out, I will try to continue putting up posts. So, please keep checking on me :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home