Life back home
One whole month. This last week marked one whole month that I have been back here in Colorado. It is still kind of unbelievable that I am here. When I left for Oaxaca, I had no idea the next time my family would all be together again, so I have been very thankful for the time we've had during the holidays. It was wonderful. While I been able to take time to relax and recoup, I have also “hit the ground running” back here in Colorado.
“Looking for a job is a job in itself,” someone told me yesterday. Yes, it certainly is. I've applied for 5 jobs, and will keep applying faithfully until I get one. Sunday nights you can find me at a local Baptist church, volunteering at AWANA. About half the kids are Hispanic, so I hope to be able to use my Spanish at some point with that. I have rejoined my church's missions board (sounds very official doesn't it?). Missions month is coming up very quickly and I am volunteering with that. Starting next month, I will be joining with the children’s ministries program as well. Also next month (big month isn't it?), I plan on volunteering during the Midwinter Conference. And wait, that's not all folks! Hopefully once I get a job, I will be able to find an apartment and a roommate.
How do I feel? Overwhelmed. Very, very overwhelmed. And those are just the major things that I am trying to get figured out – I can’t even tell you how many thoughts, should do’s, should have done’s, will do’s and wish I could do’s are running around in my head right now. *Sigh*
"Come," [Jesus] said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.
Matt. 14:29-32
I often remember this passage as I get distracted and weighed down by all my business and problems. Whenever I begin to focus on the storm around me, I begin to sink as Peter did. I cry out to God and get back in the boat, out of the storm.
But, I think I may finally be learning to not doubt in the first place. When I notice the winds, instead of letting fear take hold of me, I am growing more swift to look back at God because I know He has a plan.
But, I think I may finally be learning to not doubt in the first place. When I notice the winds, instead of letting fear take hold of me, I am growing more swift to look back at God because I know He has a plan.

1 Comments:
I'll see you at Midwinter! We will have to hang out!
Look for me at the World Mission booth!
Post a Comment
<< Home