'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Deep Thoughts

Hmmm... I did a lot of reflecting today and I think I'm fresh out of deep thoughts ;-), so I will share with you this collection of quotes that I enjoyed (supposedly they are things from those display boards in front of church's). Hope you enjoy them too!


The best way to have the last word is to apologize.

Be thankful for stumbles, for they prevent falls.

If you think meek is weak, try being meek for a week.

God sends you flowers every Spring. Thank Him.

You cannot do a kindness too soon,
for you never know how soon it will be too late.

Are you living or existing?

Don’t put a question mark where God put a period.

God may say “wait,” but He never says “worry.”

If your knees are knocking, kneel on them.

A mousetrap always provides free cheese.

We stand tallest when we stoop to help others.

Without Him, we can’t. Without us, He won’t.

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

Everyone has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Don’t pray for a light load, pray for a strong back.

Fear knocked. Faith answered. No one was there.

You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.

If a man can be found faithful in hard places,
he can usually be trusted in high places.

Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you.

Character is doing what’s right when no one’s looking.

If your words are soft and sweet,
they won’t be as hard to swallow if you have to eat them.

For a healthy heart, exercise your faith.

Don’t wait for people to be friendly, show them how.

What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, God calls a butterfly.

In case of doubt, always lean on the side of mercy.

Some people grin and bear it; others smile and do it.

Make others happy where ever you go, not whenever you go.

Keep your head and your heart pointed in the right direction
and you won’t have to worry about your feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home