Postcards from Laura - Lincoln Park Zoo

Hello from Chicago! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . August 17th, 2007
I managed to squeeze in some traveling before I leave for Mexico, and part of that was spent in good old Chicago. As you can see from the picture above, I went with a friend to the Lincoln Park Zoo. The weather was beautiful, the funnel cake was very tasty, and they were practicing for an air show overhead. Fun stuff.
It was interesting to see how the animals reacted to hearing the loud jets fly so close overhead. Some just lazily glanced up, the younger ones tended to run around (or fly or swing or whatever). Although it was a good day, some of the animals began to make me kind of sad - their cages seemed so small. But, I perked up when I saw the polar bears. They kept swimming around, having fun with the kids standing outside their window. It made me wonder who exactly was 'on display' for who.
Well, you may have noticed the delayed date on this postcard. I am actually packing for Oaxaca right now, so I better get back to it. Thanks for checking in! God bless.
With love in Christ,
Laura :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home