Oaxaca photos...
Today I returned to the Zocalo (city center). Last year, I only visited it 3 times, and those were hurried and rather tense walks because it was occupied by protestors. Today as I walked around it, I noticed how well they had erased the traces of the destruction that occurred there last year and how safe it felt. There are hundreds of potted plants sitting all over, to soon replace the ones torn out by protestors.

To the average tourist, it probably looks like a great spot (which it certainly is), but I couldn't help but recall what it looked like last year too. It was a good though, to feel the freedom of just being a 'tourist' and enjoying myself. The photo below is of candles lit for prayer in a nearby cathedral. Beautiful!
And, three is a good number, so I'll include one more picture - this one is of my landlord's little puppy on my doorstep. Cute! :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home