'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Different Abilities

Since I've already mocked one of the signs in English that can be found in Mitla (see "Wellcome to Mitla), let's take a look at this one too:




The top line says "The following people are not required to pay." Number 3 on the list? Those with different abilities. So... if I can sew, cook, and play basketball, does that mean I can get in for free? ;-)

A more understandable translation of this sign would be "Those with disabilities." But, you know, I think I like "different abilities" better. It helps me remember that "disabled" are in no way lesser people than the "abled" - they just have different abilities than most people. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home