
This boy's name is
Jesús. It may surprise you that this angelic looking child can be something of a troublemaker around the children's home ;-). I tried to get a shot of his
mischievous grin, but I think it may be one of those things that just cannot be
captured on film. He has given me several opportunities to practice my disciplining skills, including trying out the use of a "naughty chair" (which worked quite well - thank you
SuperNanny).
But, this kid isn't all trouble. He can also be incredibly adorable as he chases bubbles around the yard, treats the special needs boy I work with with respect, and breaks out in his sweet bubbling laugh as you tickle him. Yesterday afternoon, as I sat in the shade of the porch and had a tickle war with Jesús, I felt so blessed to be there in that moment. So blessed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are a few pictures that show the beauty of the land around the children's home.


Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Luke 18:16-17
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home