'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Richard Gere

Hello from Puebla!

You may have noticed that I have not posted for the past week or so. That's because I have had a busy, but wonderful time assisting a health mission team from Kansas in Colonia Obrera, in the state of Morelos. We met hundreds of people over the 5 days we had the health fair. It was a blessed week and there are many great stories to be told.

One thing I have to tell you is that I saw the 5-foot Mexican version of Richard Gere. Really! I took a picture to share, but that will have to wait to be posted when I return to Oaxaca. So, I will leave you with that teaser, as my time is up on this computer in the lobby of this hotel.

May God bless you according to His perfect will,
Laura

P.S. Please forgive any spelling errors, since this computer only checks spelling in Spanish. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 11-11-07
Ok, now this was not the highlight of my trip, but it was fun to see this guy - who I thought that for a Mexican man, looked an awful lot like Richard Gere. Several people onsite agreed with me. We can see what you think:

(above: Col. Obrera gentleman)
(below: actual photo of RG)
Yes? ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad your trip went well! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Sunday, November 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could easily be a long-lost brother!

Monday, November 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home