'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Feel the earth move

Today at OCS (Oaxaca Christian School), I helped the 3-4 grade teacher pack up her classroom in preparation for the move into the new school building. It was nearing the end of the morning when the 5-6 grade teacher from upstairs came down and asked, "Did you guys feel the earthquake?"

All 5 students started talking at once - small class ;-). "I thought I felt an earthquake, but I wasn't sure." "Yeah, didn't you see the Christmas tree moving?" "I thought I just bumped my desk."

I, of course, hadn't felt a thing. Why do I keep missing the earthquakes? Ah well, I guess that's not such a bad thing. Since Oaxaca is so seismically active, I thought it'd be interesting to put a link to the USGS website up for you guys. So, there it is to the left, if you ever want to check it out. Don't worry if you see one near where I live - it's likely I didn't even feel it ;-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home