'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Jello Craze

Jello, in almost any form, is very popular here. Very popular. So, my old family recipe of lime jello salad goes over well when I bring it to a party. Since the recipe is from the days of my great-grandmother, it calls for Dream Whip - which is, as I found out, the way you had to make whip cream back in the good old days. Now you can just buy Cool Whip, making it much easier.
.
That is, until today - when I could not find Cool Whip in either of the 2 grocery stores near my apartment. So... I had the joyful experience of whipping cream by hand. Although my muscles began to ache from whipping, it was kind of fun to be doing something that I know my great-grandmother had done many times. I was especially happy when it actually worked (I had my doubts).
.
This evening, as I joined in on a Christmas celebration of a Covenant organization here, everyone seemed to really enjoy the lime jello salad. Several women even asked for the recipe. One man however (with a twinkle in his eye) pointed out that while it was very good, if I had whipped it just 3 more times, it would have been perfect ;-).
.
Hmmm.... ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home