Frozen Food?
Today someone mentioned to me that the grocery stores here don't seem to have restocked since Christmas. Even after having been warned, I was still surprised this afternoon to find my favorite toilet paper out-of-stock and the juice shelves empty. Strange.
Anyhow, since I'm getting the hang of lighting my gas oven, I thought I might buy some frozen taquitos to try out. Sounded good. When I went through the check out line, the young woman paused as she scanned them. She laughed and showed them to the girl bagging, saying "Look, all you have to do is warm them up!" Who would have guessed frozen taquitos would be such an oddity?
On my way home, I passed by the older women who bring food each day to sell to the workers on their break. As I walked by, it hit me that my frozen taquitos would never compare to their tasty foods. Why would anyone around here want frozen taquitos anyhow? No wonder they hadn't seen them before.
Well, don't worry - I still plan on enjoying my taquitos. And besides, it'll give me a good reason to turn on my oven and hopefully warm up my chilly apartment a little. :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home