Earthquake
Hey!
I just felt the strongest earthquake I've ever felt! I was waiting to take a shower because the person in the apartment below me was taking one (small water heater) when things started to shake. Because I was still sleepy, I wasn't sure if it was real - but when I saw that water in a cup was moving, I knew I wasn't imagining things. When it didn't stop and the windows began to rattle, I took cover.
No damage was done that I know of. Afterwards, I heard the trash man continue on down the street and I just heard an airplane take off - so life goes on ;-). I'm sure for someone from CA or somewhere, this is all old hat - but it's very new for me. If you look at the USGS link to the left, they have it up - right now they have the magnitude at 6.4, southeast of here. Wow!
Crazy times. Ok, I'll get on with my day too. God bless!
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2008niat.php
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home