'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

Hey! Did you see the lunar eclipse? For a while I thought I might have to wait till 2010 to see the next one, because clouds were covering the moon right as the eclipse began.

My landlady invited me to watch it from their roof. As we sat there for an hour watching the eclipse, we talked about lots of things - past tenants who have impacted her life, whether we'd prefer to go into space or to the bottom of the ocean, and how Mexicans celebrate death because they fear it so much. Their 3 dogs joined us for a bit, and a neighbor was playing guitar on his roof.

And then, of course, there was the lunar eclipse. After much urging from my landlady, the clouds parted to give us a beautiful view of the shadowed moon. God's imagination in creating this universe is way, way beyond my understanding and I am awed at His creation.

I took this picture of the moon from my apartment window just as the eclipse began. You can see the landlord's roof where I watched the rest of the eclipse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home