Saturday
This morning I didn't get up as early as I'd hoped, but I was in time to catch the trash truck. As is becoming a bit of a Saturday morning routine, I walked the mile over to Cesar's new children's home to visit him. I am meeting more people over there, and I am very happy to report that he seems to be doing quite well.
As I walked home, I tried to stay as much in the shade as I could. The days are getting so hot lately - if this is winter, I'm not sure I want to know what summer is like ;-). I stopped at the grocery store and paid my phone bill. I noticed the displays were mainly for swimming gear - inflatable pools, foam boards, innertubes. I imagine that's not what's in stores in the States right now ;-).
After a few other errands, I began to clean my apartment. Just after I finished sweeping, I noticed that my leg was stinging a little. I looked down to see that somehow I must have brushed against the cactus on my porch. Cleaning abondoned, I sat on my front stairs with tweezers to remove the tiny cactus needles. As I worked, I felt a few drops of rain. The dark clouds that had moved in actually had brought a little moisture - very little, as it is sunny again now.
I noticed my landlady in one of the rooms across the way. She had told me she hoped it would rain, so I called out to her and pointed out the few raindrops. She chuckled and said that she wanted a strong rain. Well, I have a feeling we won't get that - but we'll see.
And that has been my Saturday so far :-).
As I walked home, I tried to stay as much in the shade as I could. The days are getting so hot lately - if this is winter, I'm not sure I want to know what summer is like ;-). I stopped at the grocery store and paid my phone bill. I noticed the displays were mainly for swimming gear - inflatable pools, foam boards, innertubes. I imagine that's not what's in stores in the States right now ;-).
After a few other errands, I began to clean my apartment. Just after I finished sweeping, I noticed that my leg was stinging a little. I looked down to see that somehow I must have brushed against the cactus on my porch. Cleaning abondoned, I sat on my front stairs with tweezers to remove the tiny cactus needles. As I worked, I felt a few drops of rain. The dark clouds that had moved in actually had brought a little moisture - very little, as it is sunny again now.
I noticed my landlady in one of the rooms across the way. She had told me she hoped it would rain, so I called out to her and pointed out the few raindrops. She chuckled and said that she wanted a strong rain. Well, I have a feeling we won't get that - but we'll see.
And that has been my Saturday so far :-).
.
The culprit.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home