'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Let's go to the movies


On Saturday, I took a break from work to go to a movie - La Misma Luna (Under the Same Moon) - about a young boy in Mexico venturing over the border to find his mother in Los Angeles. It had me crying within the first five minutes - pretty impressive if they can get you caring about characters that quickly. Although I had to mop myself up before leaving, I thought it was an excellent movie.

It is only in select theaters in the United States, but I recommend trying to go see it. Here are some trailers on YouTube, if you'd like to check them out:
-Under the Same Moon (English trailer)
-La Misma Luna (Spanish trailer with subtitles)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, while we're on movies, I thought I'd give you a little movie quiz. The meaning of movie titles sometimes loses something in translation - so their names here are sometimes a little different. (If the selection seems odd, it's because these movies are ones currently in theater or on TV - hence, why I was able to find their Spanish names.)

So - match the following Spanish movie titles with their U.S. titles. For example: The Rebel Nun is The Sound of Music. I'll put the answers in the comment section. Hope you enjoy ;-).

Spanish Titles: . . . . . . . . . . . . U.S. Titles:
The Pair of the Year . . . . . . . . . .Maid of Honor
Hits of Destiny . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Pleasantville
Love in Color . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . August Rush
I want to Steal the Bride . . . . . . Million Dollar Baby
Listen to Your Destiny . . . . . . . .America's Sweethearts

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Answers to Quiz:
The Pair of the Year - America's Sweethearts
Hits of Destiny - Million Dollar Baby
Love in Color - Pleasantville
I Want to Steal the Bride - Maid of Honor
Listen to Your Destiny - August Rush

Sunday, April 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm . . . OK, so I only got two of five correct. That's interesting that the titles translated so differently!
-Mom

Thursday, April 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to see "Under the Same Moon" last night and loved it. Thanks for the recommendation!
-Mom again

Saturday, April 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I really thought that looked like a good movie.. I really want to go see it.. Glad that you recommend it..

Libby

Tuesday, April 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home