Stormy night
Speaking of water... and wind gusts, lightning, rain, and hey, why not throw in an earthquake?

After weeks of mid to upper 90 degree weather, tonight we suddenly experienced quite a storm. At 6:00 I was happy to see some grey clouds and at 7:00 I couldn't see my neighbor's house through the blowing rain. The storm seemed to stop right over our area, as lightning and thunder surrounded us for quite a while.
I remembered the last time we had a strange storm, we also had an earthquake afterwards. So, I decided to email my dad to see what he thought - but just as I began to write, I felt an earthquake. Whoa :-).
At about 8:00 when the rain had died down, the thunder had moved on, and the electricity was back on, I looked down at my landlords house to see that her dining room floor was covered with water. I went down to help her mop up and eventually her son arrived to help out too.
What an evening. Looks like the cooler weather may be beginning... Maybe. :-)
2 Comments:
Let the record show that there have been theories in the past relating strong weather and earthquakes, but nothing proven that reached a consensus among earthquake seismologists. :)
Thanks Dad :-)
<3
Post a Comment
<< Home