'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Prayer Request

My sister is scheduled to become a house mother starting in July. She will be caring for these 5 bundles of energy (ages 2-5) during that month, as the current house mother gets herself married. :-)

Yesterday, in anticipation of the upcoming month, Mary and I sang I Have Confidence from "The Sound of Music" on the bus ride to the children's home - don't worry, we didn't make too much of a scene :-)

Then, as a surprise upon arrival, Mary was informed that she was actually needed in the nursery this week as well - making it rather appropriate that we had been singing that song... And, after just one very restless night with the kids, she is already feeling quite worn out and may be getting the fever that is going around. So, I ask that you be praying for her - I'm sure she'd appreciate the support.
~~~~~~
This one's for you sis :)

What will this day be like? I wonder.
What will my future be? I wonder.
It could be so exciting to be out in the world, to be free
My heart should be wildly rejoicing
Oh, what's the matter with me?

Somehow I will impress them
I will be firm but kind
And all those children
(Heaven bless them!)
They will look up to me
And mind me.

With each step I am more certain
Everything will turn out fine
I have confidence the world can all be mine
They'll have to agree I have confidence in me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

Your sister is a gift to us - that's for sure. We'd be lost without her.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home