'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July from Mexico!

As you can imagine, around here in Oaxaca, July 4th is pretty much the same as the first 3 days of July were - same old, same old. But, my sister and I tried to rally up some excitement by making some glittery fireworks posters for our American buddies. I think they enjoyed that - the kids around the children's home seemed to get a kick out of it at least :-).
.
Here's Mary, wearing the festive hat I made for her. The sides of it say "No taxation without representation!" See - high school history does come in handy later in life (well, that plus watching "The Great Escape"). :-)

Here's the closest I got to seeing something like fireworks today :-)
(if anyone's concerned, that bag is indeed child safe.)

Ooooh! Aahhh!
.
And then on to dinner at Jo Ellen's with her visiting friends.
Yay for barbeque. Please note the sparkly fireworks on the decor I brought along. :)
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO YOU ALL!!!

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
the people he chose for his inheritance.
From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind;
from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth-
he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do...
In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you.
~Psalm 33:12-15, 20-22~

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Happy 4th to you cousins!
You werent the only ones not at DeeDee's (we skipped out too...)
Laters and Love
Kristen

Saturday, July 05, 2008  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks Kristen!

It looks like you guys had a nice sunny day of it. Hope you are all doing well :-).

Laura

Wednesday, July 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home