Rainy Day Monday
It was one of those all-day rainy days yesterday. You'd think the clouds would run out of water or get tired or something. As I got home from working at the children's home, I was feeling like I hadn't had a day off for about 2 weeks (that's probably because I haven't really, after helping with a mission trip and then out at the children's home). And to top it off, my sister's short visit to see me over the weekend finished off with her waking up with pink eye on Sunday. Bummer.As evening came on, I put on my warmest, water-proofest jacket and ventured out into the rain to take care of a dog I'm pet-sitting. My steps were weary as I walked through the streets, abandoned by people seeking shelter from the rain. Just when I realized what a sorry sight I must have been, a whistle caught my ear. Somewhere on the wet and gray streets of my neighborhood, a single bird was singing to its heart's content - a rather beautiful tune at that.
And as I listened and walked on, a smile made it's way from my heart to my face.
He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. Psalm 147:8
2 Comments:
Kinda amazing, isnt it?
Laters
Kristen
You make ME smile, rain or sun!
- Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home