Come fly with me
Today I arrived in Oaxaca, returning from my vacation in Colorado. I really enjoyed my time there and am very thankful to have had it. I should be unpacking now I suppose, but the synchronized swimming on the Olympics drew me in. So I'm taking a "break." :) It is crazy how long those girls stay under water - I find myself making sure I'm breathing as I watch them:).
~
Yesterday, when I flew into Houston, I was stunned by the view out my window as we began our descent into the clouds. I could easily imagine myself in an arctic wonderland - seeing cavernous areas in the clouds with overhangs, given depth by the darkness of evening shadows and made brilliant by the setting sun. Cumulus clouds are gorgeous from the air. God sure knew what He was doing. Truly wonderful.
~
This morning as we flew over the Gulf of Mexico, I glanced out my window and saw a snow-capped volcano peeking out of some low clouds. Boy, do I wish I was a painter. I also wish my camera had been in my hand, instead of being down below with all the checked bags. Ah well, mental snapshot. :)
~
Psalm 19:1

2 Comments:
Glad you had a good time and we saw you! It was nice! Have fun!
Wonderful blog, Laura!! It was so good to see you! And thanks a bunch for the nice note and pretty bookmark. Blessings! In Him, Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home