'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Lions and tigers...

It started when I rushed to get on a bus. As we pulled away from the stop, I glanced out the window and saw four tigers. Then, on my way home, I was waiting to cross busy traffic when a camel walked by. Finally, this evening as I walked to meet some other teachers at the nearby food court, a llama wouldn't stop staring at me - but, to be fair,
I was probably staring too.
.
Although I feel a bit like I'm in Dr. Suess's And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, never fear, I did not just imagine all these things. Instead, the circus is in town. And when the circus is in town around here, they advertise by driving the exciting animals around the neighborhoods and announcing it on a loud speaker. It's a little distracting to be on your way to church and stop at a light behind a cage of lions - but, it sure makes life interesting around here :).
.

The camel that just hopped into its rig.
A camel hopping is a rather humorous sight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Never a dull moment, uh?

Friday, August 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home