'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Images from September

Some photos I found on my camera from last month
that I'd like to share :).
-------
Everyone was very festive for Independence Day.
Even my moto-taxi driver had decorated :).

In their excitement, these boys are doing their best to reach
the piƱatas hung high for that evening's party :).

I took the chance to go to the circus with the older girls from the children's home one Saturday evening.

It's hard to see, but there are 6 or 7 tigers behind that net. I was a little worried about how often they disobeyed their ring master...

Believe it or not, I think this was the first time I saw corn actually growing in its stalk. Once I realized, I of course had to take a picture :). (The yellow flower in the background is a squash flower.)

Afternoon sun streams through rainclouds onto a cornfield.
September brought a LOT of rain :).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Cool pictures! You should add them to your facebook...
Laters
K

Monday, October 06, 2008  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks Kristen :). I haven't gotten on the Facebook Photo Album train yet, but maybe someday.... :)

Friday, October 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home