'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside

Too be honest, it's not that cold compared to many other parts of the world. But, when it gets into the lower 50's at night and you have cement walls, tile floors, and unsealed windows, it can be chilly. Thus why I was happy to enjoy a cup of hot ponche (a kind of hot punch) provided at the Christmas Bazaar my landlord is having.

WARNING: To those of you who can't handle Christmas-ness until after Thanksgiving, you will probably not want to continue reading this post. ;)

This was actually my third Christmas Bazaar of my landlord's (it was held the weekend before I was evacuated in 2006, and I've been here for 2007 and now 2008). Some items are typical decorations, but others are handmade. There were such cute little Christmas trees this go around, but I had already bought one previously. My landlady quickly remedied that excuse by suggesting I put a tree in every room. ;)

One of the girls helping told me today that the first Christmas item she ever sold, she sold to me. I thought it was nice she remembered that. Look at that, perhaps we can touch people lives through Christmas shopping... ;) I did buy some fun things this time too, but I can't show them, as they are Christmas presents. :)



1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

agh christmas before thanksgivin! whats the world coming to!!!
lol
coolness
Laters
K

Saturday, November 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home