'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Music in the air

Being on the famed Oaxacan zocalo (town square) usually provides some form of unique musical entertainment - often from competing artists. I apologize for the brevity of the videos, but I guess you'll just have to come visit if you want to be able to fully experience the music. :)
------

An early morning serenade by the Oaxaca song man. He is a common fixture on the zocalo, and would love to sell you one of his CDs.
------

Every Sunday afternoon the zocalo fills with the majestic music from an orchestra (most often the Oaxaca State Band).
-----

And of course in the evening out come the mariachis. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great music! Wish I was there :) I especially like the Sunday afternoon orchestra! What a wonderful culture that so richly embraces music.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home