'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Love one another

Almost every Sunday Jorge has something to give me. If he has two pieces of gum, he gives me one. When I give out stickers for learning the memory verse, I usually end up with one of his stickers on my arm. If our snack is cookies, he eats a few and saves the remaining ones for me. And he always does it with a huge smile on his face.
-
Jorge lives in a poorer neighborhood, in one of the poorest states in Mexico, and yet he still gives me half of what he has whenever he gets the chance. He is an amazing example of the love language of giving gifts. God has blessed him with a huge heart, and I pray that as he grows older, his joy for giving will not diminish, but that he will continue to bless others - and receive an abundance of love back :).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a loving little boy. I can picture him as a loving, caring man some day.

Friday, March 06, 2009  
Blogger Bruce Dockter said...

Thanks for sharing Jorge's story. It a reminder to me to celebrate and give thanks for the seemingly small things- but stories like this show that they aren't small at all!

K.

Sunday, March 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home