'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Friday, March 20, 2009

Randoms

Today is Samaritan's Day. It is celebrated here in Oaxaca by people giving each other 'aguas', or different flavored waters. My landlady gave me rice-milk with cantaloupe and pecans in it, one of my favorites :).
(Last year I wrote a post about the traditions of this day, so if you'd like to read about that, you can follow this link.)
---------------------------
As I rode the bus, the club music boomed from the speaker on the ceiling. The lights on the ceiling were turned on - two red bulbs giving a little extra light. When I got on, there were several seats remaining, but as we went further, the bus filled until it was packed, and mostly with young people. Sounds like a party bus, but the funny thing was, it was 7:15 in the morning and we were all headed to school. Ah, public transportation in Mexico :).
---------------------
Recently when a missions group came to Oaxaca, they brought some special gifts along for us. I had mentioned that I would really appreciate if I could get a bottle of the conditioner that I use. What I didn't count on was that they would bring me two big bottles! What they didn't count on was how excited I would get over two simple bottles of conditioner :). I tried to make sure they knew how thankful I was :).
--------------------
That was an especially nice night for me because I also got my tired old shoes shined! I had been wanting to for so long, but never wore them when I went downtown. Well, I made a point of wearing them that night. It cost less than a dollar - and they looked like new! Well, from the outside at least :).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shoes look beautiful. You've inspired me to go put a little polish on my scuffed up boots :)
I don't think I'll go looking for one of those party busses, though.

Monday, March 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home