'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Riddles

Camp meant no school at Oaxaca Christian School this past week, but I still went in to process books. I can get a lot done in the library sometimes - but when it comes to sitting down to process non-fiction books, hours speed by without me realizing it.
~
This is partly because non-fiction books take the extra time-consuming step of needing to know exactly what the topic of the book is in order to catalogue it - but it is also slow because, as I read parts to figure out the topic, I get interested in the content and have to remind myself not to spend too much time just reading :).
~
For instance, I was suddenly very interested to find out how the game of baseball first began, and studied maps and photos of the Great Chicago Fire. I even spent a fair amount of time smiling over a book of old riddles.
~

I thought for kicks I'd share a selection of riddles from the book pictured above. Warning: some of them are groaners - but even groaners tend to get a little smile from me :). Also, they are old/classic ones, so you may already know the answers...

Which side of the chicken has the most feathers?
The outside.
.
What do you call a 2,000 pound gorilla?
Sir.
.
How can you tell if there's been an elephant in your refrigerator?
You can see his footprints in the butter.
.
When is a bicycle not a bicycle?
When it turns into a driveway.
.
How do you keep from getting a pain in the eye when drinking chocolate milk?
Always take the spoon out of the glass.
.
Why is 2+2=5 like your left foot?
It's not right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the jokes. I wrote several down so that I can tell Aaron when I see him in Minnesota. Jo Ellen

Tuesday, March 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home