'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mexico in the news

Last Friday I began to hear word of this flu business. Saturday it had made worldwide news. As I read about how the streets of Mexico City were quiet and empty, I decided to see how Oaxaca was doing.

I went out to find a very normal Oaxaca Saturday - which means a very busy downtown because of market day. I did see maybe 10 people wearing masks - but that was out of thousands.

Now that the government has decided to close all schools nationwide until May 6th, everything has grown quiet around here as well - but I will go into more on my perspective on the flu in my newsletter. A little newsletter teaser, if you will :).

But, seeing as how on Saturday there was nothing much to report, I ended up wandering around a bit, and finally got a chance to take this video that I've been wanting to get for quite a while - but was always on my way to somewhere with no time to stop :).

So, here you go, I call it: Crossing the Street Oaxaca Style.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home