'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Friday, June 19, 2009

45 minutes on the beach

Last Thursday afternoon I got a phone call from Jo Ellen Reaves, letting me know that while Cindy Hoover and her mother, Anne, had been enjoying a trip to the beach, Anne had a stroke that morning and they were on their way to Mexico City for medical care. Our task was to make a trip down there to pick up their luggage and Cindy's car.
.
So, that night I boarded the midnight bus with Jo Ellen and Bruce Dockter as we set off for Hualtulco (wall-tool-coh), one of the nicest coastal towns in Oaxaca. We arrived 8 hours later, and went about getting to the hotel and communicating why we were there.
.
While the hotel had been extrememly kind when Cindy and Anne were needing help, unfortunately we didn't get quite the same reception. Let's just say the hotel staff didn't go out of their way to make us feel real welcome :). But, we did enjoy a breakfast with a beautiful view and were allowed about 45 minutes to enjoy the beach - and so, armed with our cameras to document that we had in fact visited Hualtulco, we headed down to the sand and waves.
.
By noon we were back on the road home, and a record 7 hours later with no stops at military checkpoints, our weary selves arrived back in Oaxaca. The most recent news is that Cindy will be helping her mother transfer back to the United States this weekend so that Anne can begin physical therapy there. I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers.
.
I would like to present the following as proof of our 45 minute beach trip :).
~~~~~~
Beach, waves, cameras, action!

Jo Ellen enjoying a little dip in the ocean. I think she meant to just dip her feet in, but as you might notice by her wet pants, a wave caught her by surprise - sorry Jo Ellen! :)

Bruce trying to feel God's pleasure as he runs down the beach - can you hear Chariots of Fire in the background? :)
Dun dun dun dun.... dun duh du du.....

And I thought I'd include this video - in case you would like to enjoy the sound of the birds and the waves for a minute :).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, very beautifully peaceful sounding. :)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home