'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hello Goodbye

Ok, so, after two years living here, there is something I have yet to figure out - that is how to greet people I know on the street.

Coming from the U.S. culture, I always used to say a passing hello. But often, instead of hello, people would say goodbye to me. So, I tried out saying goodbye, but they would say something like good afternoon. Other times I switched to good afternoon, and they're back to goodbye.

I played around with saying goodbye when I didn't really feel like talking to the person, but that wasn't real effective because I would somehow still end up in conversation with them :). I really cannot figure this thing out.

Though I have no great conclusion, contemplating this is an easy way to get the Beatles Hello Goodbye song in your head, so for your viewing pleasure, I take you back to 1967 (maybe instead of trying to adapt, I should just sing this song to people). :)
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home