'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ponderings

This evening I was washing dishes, and happened to glance over my shoulder to see a warm, sunset glow on neighboring houses. I smiled for the sunset and was glad to be living in such a beautiful place. I had already been feeling thankful to live here after reading an article on the great experiences that can be had in Oaxaca, so this just further confirmed that :).

However, it took me several minutes to see that, through window that was directly in front of me, was a view of the actual sunset. I felt almost foolish for having strained my neck to see the glow, when right in front of me were the rays. And I began to ponder, how often do I feel rightly glad and thankful for the good things in this life (the glow), but forget to take the next step of lifting my eyes the Provider of those good things (the rays)?

It is then, in lifting my eyes, that my soul is often lifted as well. It makes me wonder why I have not yet learned to make this a constant practice in my life - although, at the same time, I get the feeling it will take me at least a lifetime to truly get the hang of it ;-).

I praise YOU because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. ~Psalm 139:14

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog wisdom is always so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing them with us! Love You, So Very, Very, Much! -Dad

Saturday, July 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home