'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dancing in the streets

Alrighty, though I'm still not getting along with Windows Movie Maker, I was able to put this aforementioned video together for ya'll. We had gone out to dinner with someone who was visiting Oaxaca, and we arrived to this scene - not uncommon to find people parading
around the zocalo, by the way :).

There were 3 or 4 groups in this parade altogether - the women are wearing traditional clothing from the isthmus region (there are 7 regions in Oaxaca). I think this is a great display of how Oaxaca is so
rich in culture and celebrations.

If you'd like to see the Dockters' blog about the evening,
they wrote about it in their blog post
Spontaneous Fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Laura, for the video! Reminds me of our enchanted visit there when we came to see you! -Dad

Saturday, August 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home