'Tis so sweet...

I am a 2-year short-term missionary with Covenant World Mission, living in Oaxaca Mexico. I have a great team of supporters and am serving a wonderful God. Hopefully this blog help me share news and adventures with you folks a little more frequently. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Photos from the beach

As the title suggests, these are some pictures Jo Ellen
and I took at the beach :).
~~~
The beautiful Zicatela beach is known for its great surfing. Our last day there, we watched as people seemed to pour in for a international surfing competition taking place that weekend.
~~~ My sister and I discovered this restaurant, Grekos, when we visited in May. It immediately became a favorite, and this second visit wasn't much different. It is a very nice place, with an obviously great view. By the way, this picture was taken from our hotel - not a bad view either :).
~~~
And that, ladies and gentleman, is our Grekos waiter. This was just after dawn, so don't think him too lazy :). It did seem that he often took the time to sit down or go take a dip whenever things were slow - but I don't blame him, since he seemed to be on duty from dawn to dusk every day I was there.
~~~
Caps for sale! I think whoever came up with the stereotype that Mexicans are lazy, never actually came to Mexico - or maybe if they did, they kept their eyes closed. I can't imagine walking up and down the hot beach all day trying to sell souvenirs to tanning tourists.
~~~
Gotta love Mexico :)
~~~
Cutie!
~~~

And last but not least, sunset on our last day.
Sometimes God spoils us ;).

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if that restaurant ever gets flooded by high tide?

I'm impressed with the hat balancer.

People think Mexicans are lazy because of sietas, but I have never known nor seen a lazy Mexican. They are very hard working people! -Dad

Saturday, August 15, 2009  
Anonymous Barb Rodriguez said...

I concur :)
- Mom

Sunday, August 16, 2009  
Blogger Laura said...

I found this video of a time when the tide was really high because of a storm - but it looks like the restaurants faired pretty well. Those are some powerful waves though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzv2niUarBw&feature=related.

Sunday, August 16, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home